To promote, protect, and support the development of a strong business environment in Somers Point and the surrounding communities.
We have been the Voice of Somers Point Businesses since 1983.
Some of SPBA’s Proudest Moments Have or Continue to be:
- Created the Business School Partnership, which is now known as the Somers Point Education Foundation. Over the last eleven years, the Foundation has created a $200,000 endowment for the Somers Point School Community and contributed $25,000 annually to school projects.
- One of the major catalysts that helped start the very first Bay Fest event, an event that now brings thousands of people to town in late April.
- An ongoing part of the plan to combine federal, county, and hospital funding for the renovation of Bay Ave.
- Worked with City Council and the Planning Board on the newest Master Plan Revision.
- Work continuously to make developmental regulations more reasonable.
- Work with the Economic Development Advisory Commission on a regular basis.
- Worked with the local fire companies to have “home rule” on required inspections for Somers Point businesses.
- Host informational meetings as needed about important community projects. Past meetings included the 9th Street Bridge construction project, the Greate Bay Development Plan and the Shore Memorial Hospital $125 million expansion project.
- Spearheaded a city-wide effort to support the Shore Tomorrow Campaign in support of the hospital expansion project.
- Ongoing support for the renovations and reopening of the Gateway Playhouse (summer 2016).
- An annual sponsor for the Somers Point Beach Concerts.
- Support for Somers Point’s “National Night Out.”
- Support for projects initiated by Somers Point’s Veteran Organizations. One such project was in bringing the Vietnam Memorial’s MOVING WALL to Somers Point.
To Contact the SPBA or to view a list of our 2016 Officers & Executive Board Members, click here.